CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chickens and Charity...

So in every letter I write Sjon I ask him for updates and what he wants me to put on here and every letter I get back just asks ME more questions.

So this time I asked him if he had any good mission stories yet. His answer: "I taught the gospel to a chicken.Ummm my companion and I were called barbaric for knocking on a door instead of ringing a doorbell."

He also told me an experience he had that has to do with charity! Here is what he told me...

"So my companion and I decided to check up on one of our less-active members. When we arrived at her appartment everyone was standing outside in the cold. The people who were there were: Emily (our less-active member), her sister (less-active member in the Singles Ward), and their two friends. We found out they lost their power. As the night went on the electric guy came and turned it back on. We all went inside and found out they had no food and all their money went to the electric guy and stuff. So they had no money or food. Emily is divorced and has two kids that come over on the weekends. So the next day my companion and I gathered most of our canned food and even 4 patties of the stake burgers my companion bought, and we gave Emily all the food. Oh we also went to Wal-Mart and bought some soup and a freakin' huge bag of rice! When we gave it all to Emily she looked at us with "puppy" dog eyes and said, " thank you so much. Now I will have food for my kids when they come." I really felt the Saviors love for her and her family. This also strengthened my testimony of how our Heavenly Father blesses other people through using other people. I love the gospel and I know it blesses others lives like mine."


So as you all can tell, he is alive and is loving his time serving the Lord. Until Next time...

WRITE HIM!

Elder Sjon Johnson
5242 Lyngate Court
Burke, VA 22015

0 comments: