CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Christ: A Brother, A Father, But Most Importantly A God.

So this week I was studying about our Savior Jesus Christ and his "saving grace". As I was studying this I realized how much He loved Heavenly Father. Christ did perform the Atonement for us but he did it for the Father as well. He was being obedient to the commandment that was given to Him. As I pondered about the Atonement I thought about the relationship that Christ has between me/us. In my class we talked about it. I first initially thought that Jesus Christ is our brother was an important role. I felt that that title of brother made is sacrifice more personal to me. As we discussed this in class, we talked about how Christ is our Father as well. How can this be if he is the Son of God the Eternal Father? How can he be both our Brother and Father? There are two ways that I have learned. First, he created this earth under the direction of God the Father. Therefor, as the creator if this earth he is the Father of this earth. The other way is through spiritual rebirth. When we are baptized, we are "born" again unto Christ spiritually. So this title of Father is pretty big. But what I have found, Christ is more than that. Christ is a god. I don't fully understand the role of a god, but I feel that it is greater than being a brother or a father. I feel that as a god, you get to know your "children" in more depth. You will be able to understand them even more than being a brother, or a father. I feel that as a god, your capacity of love increase infinitely! That is our relationship with Christ. He is our God. Our savior. He is one with his Father, as we should be one with Him.  This week I am going to continue studying the scriptures and try to learn and understand what I can do to change and become more unified with my Savior Jesus Christ. He is the one who can give us salvation. He is the one who has paid for my sins. All I can do is give him my life by living the Gospel and following his commandments.

0 comments: